Friday, January 21, 2005

 

The Inauguration

I actually don't have too much to complain about regarding the SAEN's coverage of the Inaugural; it was about what I expected. I think most Americans enjoy Inaugurations no matter what party is taking the oath. Only the most cynical among us, and it is surely a small percentage, wouldn't enjoy the celebration of freedom that an Inaugural is just because the president being sworn in is from the other party. If I had to pick my favorite moment it would have to be seeing the Chief Justice walk down the steps and administer the oath. He is clearly not in the best of health, but he managed to show up anyway. I loved it! Contrast that with some people I saw on TV who were staying home and watching videos because a Democrat wasn't being sworn in (yes, there would be some Republicans doing that if the opposite were true). Be that as it may, all in all, it was an excellent day for our country.
Comments:
Hey, Commando, I missed the story about Kucinich throwing vegetables at the Pres.'s motorcade (?!) I guess nothing would surprise me about that guy, but do you have some link to a story somewhere? I haven't been able to google anything. Thanks!

--Tony tonywright(at)mail(dot)utexas(dot)edu
 
Tony, I heard about it on the radio but cannot find confirmation of it so I have removed it for now. I will keep looking, but I think the story probably was not true.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives