Saturday, January 22, 2005

 

Pinch Me, I'm Dreaming

I could have sworn that the SAEN's lead story today is about the Norwegian's being appalled that President Bush made the UT hand sign at the Inauguration because they believe it to be a sign of devil worship. But then I said to myself, no, the SAEN wouldn't waste the space on such a stupid non-story. So I double-checked, but I still did not believe it; that a major daily newspaper would even bother with such a story so I asked Mrs. Commando to allay my fears. She confirmed that the SAEN did in fact run as the lead story on the front page the Norwegian's fears about President Bush; I had not been seeing things. So now I am left with another problem: I am speechless, I don't know what to say. And as Mrs. Commando will confirm this is a rare thing indeed. If you look at the SAEN website even they have this story filed under "Strange News" so that begs the question: what editor thought it should be the lead story for today and what does this say about the SAEN?
Comments:
I actually thought it was a cute story.
But of course I am apalled that our president is running around flashing that satanic Hook 'em Horns symbol and scaring all of our European allies!
At least the New York Times had the good taste the other day to feature a picture of Bush flashing the God-fearing Gig 'em sign on their front page.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives