Thursday, January 20, 2005

 

Rice Nomination Blocked

Hmmm, that is interesting. I see the story on page 5A of the paper, "Demos planning to trip up Rice," but I don't see any mention of Dr. Rice's biggest critic in the Senate: former KKK Wizard Senator Robert Byrd. The SAEN does like to sensationalize stories still, right? Think about it, here we have the first black woman to be nominated to be Secretary of State having her nomination opposed by a former member of the KKK. It's a great story! Never mind that Dr. Rice is capable and qualified. So what am I missing here? Am I crazy or is this a Robert Byrd quote:
I should rather die a thousand times and see old glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again than see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen of the wilds.

(Note: In all fairness I should mention that I find Senator Byrd to be a jack-ass of the first order.) Let's continue: Oh, I know, Senator Byrd is a Democrat, yes that must be it because the SAEN never fails to remind us when Republicans make even a perceived racist remark.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

archives